Install devices using the Spotlight app
The Vehicle Data Device (VDD) and AI Dashcams must be installed and activated using the Spotlight app.
In this article:
When you use Spotlight to install a device, the app:
- Guides you through the installation and activation of the device
- Assigns the device to the vehicle or asset
- Connects the device to Verizon Connect
- Provides help when you need it
The Spotlight app currently supports the installation of the following:
Plug-and-play vehicle trackers
- Vehicle Data Device (VDD)
- CalAmp LMU-3030
Non-powered asset trackers
- Equipment Asset Tracker - Battery (EAT-B)
- Dual-Facing AI Dashcam
- Road-Facing AI Dashcam
- Road-facing camera (model 2)
- Driver-facing camera
We will be adding new devices in the future but in the meantime, if you want to install a wired vehicle tracker or wired asset tracker, or any other device not supported by Spotlight, contact support and organise a professional installation.
Download the app and log in
Download the Spotlight app:
Log in to the app with your Verizon Connect credentials.
If you do not have login credentials, contact your administrator.
Start an installation
- Log into the app
- Go to the Account tab and tap Device setup
- Tap the device you want to install
- Follow the installation steps