Replace camera SD cards
Remove a camera’s SD card so you can:
SD cards for cameras require specific formatting and must be purchased from Verizon Connect.
When the SD card is removed from the camera, the camera appears offline, and you cannot request videos in Reveal.
Before you begin
Check your camera’s indicator lights for any issues or updates you may need to address. The light sequence should show the following:
If you see a different light sequence, troubleshoot the camera indicator lights before removing the SD card.
What camera do you have?
Replace an SD card in an AI Dashcam
- Turn off the ignition.
- Unscrew the right-hand side panel. The two captive screws will remain connected to the panel.
- Unclip the panel by pulling firmly on the tab.
- Locate the SD card slot which is below the SIM card slot.
- You can either:
- Keep the camera mounted on the bracket, or
- Remove the camera from the bracket by sliding it firmly to the left.
- Remove the SD card from the camera by pressing down gently on the card once - it will pop out.
- Connect the SD card to your computer and download videos.
- Replace the SD card in the camera by pushing it back into the SD slot until it clicks into place.
- Clip the side panel onto the camera.
- Lock by tightening the two screws using a Torx wrench.
Replace an SD card in a road-facing camera (model 2)
To remove the SD card:
- Turn off the ignition of the vehicle that is connected to the camera.
- The SD card can be found behind a panel on the side of the camera. Unlock the security cover using the barrel key provided with the camera.
- Remove the card from the camera by pressing down gently on the card once - it will pop out.
- Insert the new SD card back into the SD slot on the camera.
- Replace the security cover and lock with the key.
Keep the key somewhere safe, within the driver's reach.