Video: How to insulate cable joints with tape
This is a printed page that might be out of date. To read the most up-to-date help content, visit https://device-help.verizonconnect.com.
In this video, we'll show you the best ways to finish a joint with insulation tape.
- Use high quality tape. Cheap tape won't last as long.
- Ensure the joint is free from any sharp edges.
- Apply the insulation tape along the length of the entire joint and a minimum of two centimetres beyond the joint at either end.
- If you need more than one connection in the same area, stagger the joints so the newly insulated joints don't touch.
- When all the joints are completely insulated, tape up the vehicle harness or wires using cloth harness tape. This shouldn't be used to insulate the joint as it's not a suitable insulator.