Overview: OBD-II extension cable
In some vehicles, the OBD-II port is sometimes where the driver might bump into the Vehicle Data Device (VDD) when getting in and out of the vehicle.
The OBD-II extension cable allows the VDD to be mounted away from the OBD-II port (and the driver’s knees) as well as providing some additional discouragement from the VDD being removed.
About the OBD-II extension cable
- The length of the cable, excluding connectors, is approx. 31”.
- The cable comes with two 8” zip ties and two 14” zip ties.
Parts of the OBD-II extension cable
The cable consists of the following parts:
- Connector for the VDD (1)
- Connector without pins.
- This end connects to the VDD
- Connector for the OBD-II port (2)
- Connector with pins.
- This end connects to the vehicle’s OBD-II port.
- Fuse holder with replaceable fuse (3)
For the detailed installation steps, read Install the Vehicle Data Device using the Spotlight app.