Vehicle example: PTO on Freightliner M2
This is a printed page that might be out of date. To read the most up-to-date help content, visit https://device-help.verizonconnect.com.
Step 1: Freightliner PTO switch
- PTO Switch is located center of the dash under the radio.
- Switch does not switch polarity like a normal switch.
- Can not acquire PTO signal here.
- Switch controls a chassis module to turn PTO on and off.
Step 2: Locating transmission interface plug
- The transmission interface plug is grey and is located in one of 3 places.
- Under hood near firewall on drivers side.
- On frame rail just past drivers rear of cab.
- End of drivers side frame
- Vehicle options dictate where harness is and what the harness pin out is. See documentation above for details.
Step 3: Transmission interface harness
- This picture shows what the transmission interface harness looks like when found under the hood.
- It was wrapped in green tape to the red loomed harness.
- It was between the steering shaft and fuse box.
Step 4: Test for PTO wire
- There are several PTO systems available. Please refer to the attached docs (above) for electrical details.
- Installer should test for PTO at the transmission interface plug using a DMM only! NO TEST LIGHTS!
Step 5: Relay
- Use a relay to send (-) ground signal to our device when PTO is on.
- See hardware specific page for general diagram.